In a comment to HNThumper X, Billus asked:
I’d be interested in how the ring size compares with whatever ring you were using on the CB6K. Did you simply measure the plastic ring, or disregard it completely and determine the steel ring size some other way? Same with the spacing. It seems like with all the trial and error involved with a plastic CB, you have to get the steel one absolutely right the first time.
When I ordered the Steelheart, I pretty much used the CB6K measurements I had settled into (shortest spacer, middle ring). For the circumference of the tube, I went with the measurement provided for the CB6K, though as anyone who owns one knows, it’s wider than it is tall. For tube length, I measured my CB6K configuration and subtracted 5mm since the CB6K’s tube is tapered and there’s a bit of wasted space toward the end that never gets filled.
What I’ve ended up with is a much more forgiving device than the CB6K, though it looks more severe. Even though the tube is shorter, the internal volume is greater due to the the Steelheart’s tube being closer to a true circle in shape versus the CB6K’s oval. In addition, since the Steelheart’s tube is blunt and rounded, I find erections fill it more efficiently. I have no way of knowing this for sure, but I’d guesstimate that only about 40-50% of my erection could fill the CB6K while it feels like closer to 60-70% fills the Steelheart. It’s an entirely different sensation. The CB6K was rather brutal in the way it arrested erections and ended up stuffing a lot of it back up into my body. With the Steelheart, I have the sensation of achieving something close to a full erection, though with a satisfying amount of restraint. Due to that and the more lifelike curve of the tube, I find myself stroking the Steelheart more like a real cock when I’m hard. All for nothing, of course, since I can’t feel anything. It’s significantly frustrating, though in a different way.
In retrospect, I might have been able to move to a smaller ring and tighter tube, but the jump from where I was to the next size down seemed pretty steep. I might order a smaller ring at some point (assuming I don’t need to send the whole thing back for that), but I’m pretty pleased with how it turned out.
Other random observations:
- I’m struck by the heat of the device. The plastic tube of the CB6K did warm, obviously, but the steel seems to take on a heat all it’s own. At night, under the covers, it’s downright hot to the touch. Almost like a separate living thing. Also, it get’s noticeably hotter during erections, especially on top. These are all nicely sensual bonuses I hadn’t really expected.
- Keeping it clean is more difficult. I’m not sure if it’s just because the Steelheart is harder to get into due to the one little hole or if it’s some difference in how the steel holds on to fluid more than the plastic, but I do more often get that “not so fresh” feeling now. I’ll need to clean more thoroughly and more often.
- My previous comment about the PA fixing being “marvelous” was premature. It’s true that, when the PA ring is secured, I can’t feel a thing. It’s awesome. However, the damned ring doesn’t stay on the fixing. At some point I’ll post a picture, but As you can see in the picture, the fixing consists of thick stainless wire that runs down the left side of the tube and curves across the end before coming back up the right side a little. I think the issue is it doesn’t come far enough back up the right side since I know the PA ring is in place when I put it on, but it’s always slipped off when I check later. This is a significant disappointment. However…
- Regarding security in general, the Steelheart is only a little less secure than the CB6K. To be fair, the stock CB6K, even when fitted properly, comes off pretty easily (at least for me). Had I a slightly smaller tube or ring, I suspect the Steelheart would be about the same. Since the device is not the primary way in which Belle keeps me chaste, this is not a deal breaker, but I, like so many other chastity enthusiasts, still crave total security since, you know, it’s way hotter.
- I find myself using hardly any lubrication at all with the Steelheart. The steel just seems to interact differently with my skin so that I don’t really need it. This improves security a bit and, I’ve found, also allows the device to sit up a little higher. I think anyone using a steel trapped-ball device like this one and lubing it up like a plastic one will be disappointed in how totally insecure it feels. Less lube should also translate to better hygiene, so perhaps that’ll help offset the other issues I’ve had.
- I created a short video demonstrating how the integrated lock works. The only place I could find to host it (for free) was Xtube. If you can put up with all the shit going on elsewhere on the page and are interested in seeing how the lock works, check it out.
Other than that, everything’s hunky dory. I feel like I could wear this thing indefinitely and Belle and I are both very happy with how it looks. I’ll post further developments as they unfold…