As if three colds weren’t enough. Last week, my daughter came down with some kind of nasty stomach flu which she passed to me 24 hours later. It was bad. I didn’t like it one bit. But, it wasn’t as bad as what came right on it’s heels.

I didn’t go to a doctor, but I’m fairly certain I had a kidney stone. I woke up Friday at about 3:30 AM with a sharp and intense pain in my side just under my ribcage. It got progressively worse until we called a nurse and she said to take some Tylenol and rest comfortably. If you’ve ever had one of these evil little things, you know “resting comfortably” is outside the realm of possibility, though I was able to minimize the pain by laying still and using a hot pad. By daylight, the pain was coming and going and changing positions (moving from my side towards the front of my abdomen). I was able to get up and help get the previously sick girl off to school only to be struck by the worst pain I’ve ever felt in my whole life as soon as she left. I broke out in a cold sweat and felt like I was going to throw up. Absolutely horrid.

Then it went away. Poof. Gone. Only minor and infrequent twinges remain (some of which I was still getting yesterday). The new symptom is occasional and overwhelming urges to pee. Even when I know there’s nothing there, I have the feeling of needing to go. It’s not unlike how the prostrate will sometimes feel when I’ve been denied a long time and I know it’s all plump and ready to go, but way stronger. This, along with the pain, are classic kidney stone symptoms.

The part I haven’t had yet is the actual passing of the stone. I don’t know if it always involves pain during urination, but I’ve had nothing like that. Yet. Time will tell if I get to have the full meal deal. I suppose at some point I should go to a doctor, but from everything I’ve read, they don’t do anything about them most of the time and let them work themselves out naturally. I can do that at home and save the co-pay.

On the non-medical front, Belle and I both felt good enough on Saturday morning for some real sex. I busted out my emergency key at the hight of the barfing because the device was really, really not making me feel any better being on there (and I was about three light years from wanting to do anything with the penis anyway), but life had returned to all corners of my totally free body by Saturday. She not only let me fuck her, she let me come. It wasn’t a great orgasm (as is common after a longish denial) and I came really fast (one minute, tops) and she made me put the device back on as soon as it was over. It wasn’t unit this morning that I didn’t resent the damned thing. That magical cloaking device I was talking about last time was stone cold dead and has only started to flicker into life since I woke up this morning. Starting to get horny again. Apparently, the cloak operates on pure hormones (not antimatter like on Star Trek).

So there you are. Up to speed. Hopefully, the infirmary-like atmosphere around the house is gone for a long time.

6 thoughts on “Stoned

  1. I have had kidney stones in the past but not since starting chastity. In my case the symptoms are similar to what you describe but much faster, usually over in 20 – 30 minutes. I have not had a problem when passing them out of the bladder. Did catch them in a screen once though. Doctor did tests to confirm but nothing for the symptoms. I almost always have blood in my urine when I have a physical (not visible, just cells).

  2. I had a series of kidney stones in my younger days (caused by a parathyroid problem) and the symptoms are awful. I remember being curled up into a fetal position with uncontrollable shaking and nausea. The red urine is always a nice touch. You’re probably right about the diagnosis, but I would still see a doctor. There are other problems with similar symptoms.

  3. Hey guys, I recommend that you drink more, around two to three litres of normal water. It is often recommended as a simple, but effective preventive method against kidney stones. Sorry, if this sounds too simple, but it is proven by my personal experience.

    1. I’ve heard that before (and was surprised to have the symptoms since I drink a lot of fluids normally), but from what I’ve read, only 10-15% of men in the developed world (and 3-5% of men in the US) will get them and genetics seems to play a larger role than anything else. Lots of water is a treatment, though.

  4. good lord you have my sympathy. I always felt the pain when they were in the kidney, but never caught them passing. going to the ER is never a lot of fun…but that might rank as one of my least favorite trips.

  5. Passed a stone recently, and strangely, didn’t even feel it. If I hadn’t heard the ‘plop!’ as I sat peeing with the device on, I would never have know. I had had an ache on my right side for several days preceding the expulsion of the stone, and suspected that it was a stone. Years and years ago I suffered with one for several days, in the hospital, where significant doses of morphine didn’t kill the pain, so I can sympathize with you and what what you went through.

Say your piece

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s